Hey there! Ruan here.
I am a generalist developer with over 8 years of experience in building for the web.
In the past years, I have focused on developing and scaling back-end systems in the cloud using Node.js. I have worked on many different back-end projects, ranging from simple MVPs to data-heavy applications and APIs used by millions of users. I am available for consulting.
I grew up in Vitória, a small coastal city in Brazil. There, I also graduated in Computer Science at the Federal University. I now live in Prague, Czech Republic. In my free time, you will find me running, taking photos, and solving crossword puzzles.
Public and internal talks I have given over the course of my career:
- Deploying Anything with Terraform and Google Cloud Run, Internal 2021
- Mutation Testing — STRV Backend Meetup, 2020
- Technical Writing: Writing Better Docs — Internal, 2020
- Getting Started with Fastify — Internal, 2020
- Go for Node.js Developers — Internal, 2020
- Introduction to GitHub Actions — Internal, 2019
- What is Property-based Testing? — Internal, 2019
- Getting Started with Monorepos — Internal, 2019
External articles I have published, outside of my blog:
- Getting to Know Monorepo - STRV Engineering Blog, 2019
Coding can also be a hobby. :)